CCPA Privacy Notice
This PRIVACY NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS supplements the information contained in the Privacy Statement of HORNE LLP and its subsidiaries (collectively, “we,” “us,” or “our”) and applies solely to visitors, users, and others who reside in the State of California (“consumers” or “you”). We adopt this notice to comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) and other California privacy laws. Any terms defined in the CCPA have the same meaning when used in this notice.
We will disclose any information we collect, use or receive if required or permitted by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process, and when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request. In the event we go through a business transition, such as a merger or acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, your user account, and Personal Information will likely be among the assets transferred.
Third Party Cookies
- This site uses Google Analytics, which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solution on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content.
For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.
GDPR & CalOPPA Compliance
Below is a checklist of the steps we’ve taken to be GDPR compliant. We’ve also included related tasks such as additional security measures.
CalOPPA compliancy checkpoints are listed below that.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
We are a Data Controller of your information.
- Sound Proof Earth needs to perform a contract with you
- You have given Sound Proof Earth permission to do so
- Processing your personal information is in Sound Proof Earth legitimate interests
- Sound Proof Earth needs to comply with the law
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. If you wish to be informed what Personal Information, we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you.
- The right of rectification.
- The right to object.
- The right of restriction.
- The right to data portability
- The right to withdraw consent
- GDPR compliant cookie controls.
- Anonymized IP addresses in Google Analytics.
- Opting to obtain consent on comments to retain data.
- Users can visit our website anonymously (via a proxy and/or through our automatic anonymization of IP addresses and/or by selecting their choice of cookies on arrival).
- Users are able to update their personal information by contacting through Contact Us page.
- We honor “Do Not Track” signals and do not track or plant analytics or marketing cookies, or use advertising when in place.
Information We Collect, do we disclose your personal information to third-party?
We may collect personal information when users comment, subscribe and use contact form. We may collect user first and last name, email and IP address. The IP address may be collected when users comment on our site.
We don’t disclose or shell your personal information to third-party.
Personal information does not include:
- Publicly available information from government records.
- De-identified or aggregated consumer information.
- Information excluded from the CCPA’s scope, like:
Health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA) or clinical trial data;
Personal information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FRCA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) or California Financial Information Privacy Act (FIPA), and the Driver’s Privacy Protection Act of 1994.
Sound Proof Earth uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide better user experience
- To notify you about changes to our website
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
Cookies and Web Beacons
Like any other website, Sound Proof Earth uses ‘cookies’. These cookies are used to store information including visitors’ preferences, and the pages on the website that the visitor accessed or visited. The information is used to optimize the users’ experience by customizing our web page content based on visitors’ browser type and/or other information.
Google DoubleClick DART Cookie
Our Advertising Partners
Note that Sound Proof Earth has no access to or control over these cookies that are used by third-party advertisers.
Another part of our priority is adding protection for children while using the internet. We encourage parents and guardians to observe, participate in, and/or monitor and guide their online activity.
Sound Proof Earth does not knowingly collect any Personal Identifiable Information from children under the age of 13. If you think that your child provided this kind of information on our website, we strongly encourage you to contact us immediately and we will do our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.